Sunday 27 June 2010

Exploration of Reduction

I've got two  separate directions that my work has been taking recently, and even more are entering within those directions making my work very loose and difficult to follow at the moment. Therefore I will do two posts today to help clear things up (for everyone- including myself!).

The first is reduction. This came from my looking at the dismantling of rooms in my last project and led into a more process- based exploration of how to reduce the paints and materials and physical elements of my images rather than the actual content of the rooms. 

Moving into my third year I'm thinking I will carry this on, still exploring how different materials can be built up, layered then reduced, but also I might explore the reduction, and separation, of colours. Two of the pictures here show my initial experiments into adding water to freshly printed pictures, then pressing them down into my sketchbook so that the colours partly transfer across to the clean page, but also some linger on the original photo producing a partly reduced image. The concepts behind this process are yet to be discovered but I can imaging they will dictate the subject matter of my photos. 

Posted via email from iamrosie's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment