Wednesday 4 May 2011

Two New Books

These are the two books I have made as 'final pieces' for my final year of uni: 'Thread and Ink.' and "Thread and Hands.'. They are an summery of all the other books I have made looking at printing, sewing and xerox. They were made very simply as concertina books using my printer. I composed the images and threads on my scanner and photocopied it onto heavy weight paper then glued it all together as a concertina. I realised after a few experiments and visits to book fairs (went to the Bristol Artists Books Event last weekend- it was great!) that the simpler the printing and construction, the better the quality, therefore these books are all paper, with soft, loose covers as the binding. Hope you like them!

Img_4243
 

Img_4244
Img_4245

Posted via email from iamrosie's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment