Monday 22 August 2011

Gifts and Cards

I'm afraid I didn't managed to get any pictures of Joes portfolio in end- however he did get the job he wanted so it obviously worked! I need to make myself one....

 

This blog is just giving a quick update on my activities. Mainly I have been working on making things for people. My sisters birthday has just been and gone and I made a her a card and a painting of a place where we live that we used to hang out at years ago. She lives near where the painting is of so she wanted me to make this for her- so I did! The other two pictures show the card and small painting I made for my gran recently. She had a large stroke about a month or so ago and shes really quite ill. I have been to see her recently but before I went I made a few things for her and was sending up photos of things I have been doing. The painting is from a photograph of her and me the last time I saw her before the stroke, when she was down at mine for my birthday in April. It's a lovely photograph and she has always been really supportive of my art. I'm looking forward to seeing her again soon!

 

Lastly I have been loving the 'Fake or Fortune' series on TV at the moment! It's great to see all the different ways they can explore a painting to find out exactly when it was painted and who by! I've been catching it online so I don't know when exactly its on but if you're interested in art and conservation its worth watching! 

Posted via email from iamrosie's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment