Sunday 6 February 2011

Book and Degree Show Update

After my last two posts I thought I would continue the seasonal/ degree show theme. The first image I have posted is a set of valentines day cards I have made as some of the students on my course are selling valentines day cards to raise some money for our show (thanks guys!) and this is my contribution. If you're studying at Leeds Uni then do look out for these stalls because there will be some lovely cards and bits to buy and give to your loved ones (aww).

The other three photos are images of my work in progress. I'm mainly working on books that use concertina folding as a layout but then have extra pages unfolding from the main body.... kind of like a puzzle book. I'm experimenting with different ways of folding paper to make intricate little books that can be played with when handling. I have also been sending books off to be professionally printed and bound. They mainly contain images taken from animations of my hands playing with paper puzzles. I'm still using the mono-printing and animating technique that I developed last semester to create whole images that I can cut into to make a book. 

Happy Valentines Day (way in advance!) 

Posted via email from iamrosie's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment